Sidebar Window

Emergency Services News



« | Home | »

Windward Village Mobile Home Fire

By jiarviz | March 16, 2014

At approximately 10:30 a.m. this morning the Long Beach Fire Department responded to a mobile home fire in the 3500 block of Santa Fe Avenue at the Windward Village Mobil Home Park.  Firefighters arrived and found a mobile home fully involved with fire.  An adult occupant was able to escape with his children without injury prior to the arrival of firefighters.  A total of ten family members lived at the residence, seven adults and three children.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire and stop it from spreading to adjacent mobile homes.  The fire started in a clothes dryer which quickly spread and engulfed the mobile home.  The damage was estimated to be over $50,000.00.  The Red Cross was on scene to assist the family of ten, which was displaced because of the fire.

WordPress Plugin Share Bookmark Email

Topics: Incidents, News, Public Safety | Comments Off on Windward Village Mobile Home Fire

Comments are closed.